From:
Ariela H <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 12 May 2008 09:45:52 -0400
Hi all.

My museum is currently trying to get one of its collections on the web.  A
cornerstone of the project is putting 3D movies of the objects that the
viewer can rotate online.  We are taking 3D photography of the objects (360
degrees of rotation on both horizontal and vertical axes), but we are now
rethinking our original decision to put the movies together in QuickTime VR.

We have some questions as to QTVR's forward compatibility and universality,
and we are debating using Flash instead.  Our top two concerns are the ease
with which the movies could be put together, and accessibility to the web
community.  Since we have not yet created any movies or purchased any
software, there is no pressing reason to stay with QTVR if we find that
Flash is better suited to our needs.

Does anyone have a strong recommendation one way or the other?

Many thanks.

Ariela