From:
Sally DeHart <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 14 Nov 2006 10:29:02 -0800
I recently was privileged enough to see Howard Zinn &
Anthony
Arnove's "Voices of a People's History of the United
States" Dramatic
Readings Celebrating the Enduring Spirit of Dissent,
presented
by Speak Out and the Vanguard Public Foundation and
KPFA.
Among the readers for the night were Melanie DeMore
Aya de Leon,
Steve Earle, Nora el Samahy, Mos Def, John Trudell,
Luis Valdez,
Alice Walker and Howard Zinn and Anthony Arnove.  They
read or
sang from Bob Dylan and Woody Guthrie to Tecumseh,
Sojourner Truth, Frederick Douglass, Malcolm X, Billie
Holliday, Fannie Lou Hamer
and Eugene Debs to Cindy Sheehan and Steve Earle.

It was one of the most inspirational evenings I have
ever spent. I know that Speak Out and the Vanguard
Foundation are passionate about spreading the People's
History and are willing to fund and help out where
ever there is a need.  If you are interested there is
a DVD of this production in NY
City. It was a huge auditorium in Berkeley that was
full. The lines
started at 5:00 pm and the program didn't start until
7:30.  I know that
they are approachable and helpful. Good luck.

Cheap talk?
http://voice.yahoo.com