From:
Ivy Strickler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 18 Jan 1996 14:36:30 -0500
>   FWIW, Karen is a state (the other being Shan) in the rebel state of
>East Burma, along the Thai border. I have a ham radio card from XZ5A but
>it doesn't 'count' because the government isn't recognized by Myanmar
>which bans ham radio anyway.
>   Whether they have "trousseaus" or not, I have no idea. Good luck
>tracking this down, Ivy.
>   Chris Bobbitt
>   Bloomington, Ind.

Wow, are you great! And quick! This sounds possible since we received a few
other Thai or Burmese items in the donation. Then again, we also received
Moroccan pots and lots of pre-columbian pottery, so I didn't know where to
start. This gives me a direction for some library research.

thanx!
Ivy Fleck Strickler                     Phone 215-895-1637
Drexel University                       Fax 215-895-4917
Nesbitt College of Design Arts          [log in to unmask]
Philadelphia, PA 19104

"Never forget that life is like a Fellini movie, and you're getting to see
it for free."