From:
"Wesley S. Creel" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 31 Jul 2014 11:24:46 -0400
Good Morning All,
At the last Board of Trustees meeting, there was a discussion about the frequency of Board of Trustees meetings and terms of service.  Because those questions being were raised at the meeting, I am turning my fellow museum professionals,....... asking you to share your experience on these issues on the List-Serve.......

I would appreciate the thoughts and comments of the Museum List-Serve community on these questions.....
The questions are:
1.  What is the frequency of the meetings of your museum's full Board of Trustees?  Monthly? Quarterly? Something else?...if so, what?
2.  What is the frequency of the meetings of your museum's executive committee of the Board of Trustees? Monthly? Quarterly? ad hoc?  Emergency only?  Something else?....if so, what?
3.  What are the terms of service for the members of the museum's Board of Trustees?  One year? Two years?  Three years?  Something else?....if so, what?
4.  Are there any limits as to how many terms a member of the museum's Board of Trustees may serve?  If so, what are they?

Many thanks for your participation in this survey.
Best Wishes,
Wesley
Wesley S. Creel
Administrator of Programs
Pink Palace Family of Museums
Memphis, Tennessee 380111
www.memphismuseums.org

1.	Frequency of Board meetings or number of Board meetings/year and detail as to whether or not these are full Board and/or Executive Committee meetings.
2.	Length of Trustee terms and how many terms they can serve.