From:
Leslie Johnston <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 30 Sep 1994 21:10:51 EDT
I was having a conversation today with the curator of a local historic house
and garden.  Her institution is prepping to write a RFP for an automated
system.  While I am capable of assisting her with some of her planning (dec
arts, library and archival collections management), she would also like to be
able to catalog their garden and botantical collections!  She is hoping that
there is a system out there that can handle objects and MARC records that will
also have a module for botanical collections.  If not, a separate standalone
system or guidlines for creating one in-house would be useful.  Can anyone help
me point her in the right direction?

Thanks,
Leslie Johnston
Historic New Orleans Collection