From:
laura dickstein <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 12 Nov 1999 11:39:14 -0400
There was an exhibition several years ago here in NYC at the Museum for
African Art which dealt specifically with this theme.  It was one of the
better exhibits I have seen.  I think it was called "Exhibitionism."

Laura

>hi all-
>
>i am trying to remember an article from several years ago, and am having
>no luck-can anyone help?  it was about museum exhibitions, and it dealt,
>at least in part, with an exhibition in which african objects were
>displayed in various ways - in one room, they were shown as if in a
>mussum, with vitrines and cards and in oanother room, they were shown more
>as if related to actual culture.  i can't even completely remember the
>different ways they were exhibited-does this ring a bell for anyone?  many
>thanks, in hopeful advance, meryl zwanger

>Important Subscriber Information:
>
>The Museum-L FAQ file is located at
>http://www.finalchapter.com/museum-l-faq/ museum-l.html. You may obtain
>detailed information about the listserv commands by sending a one line
>e-mail message to [log in to unmask] The body of the message
>should read "help" (without the quotes).

>[log in to unmask] The body of the message should read "Signoff
>Museum-L" (without the quotes).

Arts and Museum Education Consultant &
Doctoral Candidate A.B.D., Arts & Humanities,
Teachers College Columbia University

Museum-L" (without the quotes).