From:
"Rhonda R. Newton" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 31 Jan 1996 16:52:34 -0500
Sorry Colleen, but I am going to put in my normal plug for Delaware (I am
a 1994 grad).  I think Delaware's strength is that your master's degree is
in your academic discipline of choice while using elective space to take
courses for a museum studies certificate.  There are of course disadvantages
to this also.  It depends on what you're looking for.  If you have a car,
Delaware is in the Brandywine Valley which is full of different museums.
It's fairly close to visit Philadelphia, Baltimore and Washington.

I think that Cooperstown, Winterthur, Delaware, and GWU are all very
different programs.  Each has different advantages.  The key is to find the
one that has what you want.

I _strongly_ agree with Colleen on volunteering!  I'd also put in a plug for
checking out the different regional museum associations.  MAAM has a stipend
to attend its annual meeting which senior undergrads can compete for as well
as grad students and entering professionals.

PS to Colleen - welcome to PA!

--
Rhonda R. Newton                                     || "lifelong
PA Federation of Museums & Historical Organizations  || ailurophile"