From:
james schulte <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 18 Nov 2005 16:41:59 -0500
Indigo I understood it

-----Original Message-----
From: Museum discussion list [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf
Of Indigo Nights
Sent: Friday, November 18, 2005 9:26 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Codes in slave quilts

Offense is what you choose to take.  There was no
malice intended whatsoever, and was written in the
third person paralleling the "story line" about
symbols in the quilts and why "Miss Nancy" put the
quilt up once a month.

This is the second such "slam."  If you can tell me
folks did not talk in such fashion in the period in
question (except possibly to append the wink to show
the current era it was intended as a joke), and that
such symbology is not sometimes used in relationships,
then I'll apologize.  Till then, I'll simply state it
was intended to infuse a little humor as sometimes
happens to this list that is seemingly taking itself a
little too serious of late.

Now, if you're choosing to make it a color thing, step
back.  My children's ancestors might have been looking
for such quilts if the history of the symbology were
true.

Something you learn when you get as many candles as I,
and there will be one more next week, you just can't
please everyone and, on a list this size, I guess it
was just your turn not to be pleased.

--- Lanora Pierce <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> Wow, that's pretty offensive.

Indigo Nights