From:
Charles Watkins <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 24 Jun 1994 13:03:44 -0400
    I am writing a paper on the relationship of theme parks to museums and am interested in any comments from anyone knowledgeable about the influence of theme parks on nearby museums viz attendance and revenues.  Colonial Williamsburg is
one such case I'm interested in because of the proximity of Busch Garden, but
I'm having trouble getting CW to comment.  It was my understanding that BG had
had a negative affect but during the recent hearings of the Senate Energy and Natural Resources Subcommittee (June 21) on Disney's America, Senator John Warner
(VA) said that he was with a group of execs from CW who stated a desire to
have DA located nearby W`
burg.  If you have any information on this situation or any other similar relationship, please post here or correspond with:

Charles Alan Watkins
Appalachian Cultural Museum
University Hall
Appalachian State University
Boone, NC  28608  PH. (704) 262-3117   FAX 704-262-2553