Date:
Fri, 13 Mar 2009 02:24:38 -0800
Mary-

NameBase is a desktop software application that keeps track of names,
addresses, phone numbers, dates, notes, reminders, and other data
about persons and organizations.  I assume this correctly describes
the product you are using?  (See www.base40.com/nbFrame.html)

NB 2.0 reportedly has export to ASCII text file functionality.
Consult your NameBase documentation.  If you have an earlier version
you may wish to upgrade so as to get the export functionality.  (It's
*only* $20.)  You can also export the table records with MS-Access, as
the underlying DB in NameBase is an Access DB.

You will then need to import the exported ASCII data into PastPerfect
.  Consult your PastPerfect documentation for where to put this data
(which tables and columns).  Be sure to make a good backup of your
PastPerfect database *before* you do the import!  A test import into a
PastPerfect "sandbox" is a good idea too.

Don't hesitate to get _advice_ from PastPerfect if you have a support
contract with them.  Also, they have (or at least, they had.... can't
seem to find it at the moment) a support forum on their website, so
you may be able to locate a fellow PP client with NameBase experience.
  Finally, get a quote from PastPerfect.  That $500 figure is *only*
an average and your data conversion may cost less.

If doing it yourself, it should be a relatively easy task, provided
you have the tools (an up-to-date version of the NameBase Software, or
MS-Access), the knowledge (documentation for both products), and some
time.

Best, and good luck with your project.

Sincerely, Robert