From:
Jane Thomson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 20 Jan 1999 10:00:35 -0400
Paul - Canadian museums have been addressing the aboriginal repatriation
issue for many years, and there is an abundance of published material on the
issue. I suggest exploring the Canadian Museum of Civilization's
publications website, as well as that of the Glenbow Museum. Dr. Gerry
Conaty of the Glenbow has published several excellent articles on his
dealings with Blackfoot and other Alberta natives. The Glenbow has some very
innovative practices for assisting natives to have ready access and use of
sacred material in the collection. Email me if you have any trouble
accessing the Canadian info, as I have files and files of articles in my office.