From:
Jennifer Feldhaus <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 3 Sep 2002 09:22:07 -0700
On the topic of the GRE...

I just recently took mine and was extremely pleased
with the final score-- especially considering how I'd
done on the 'practice' tests.  Having used a course to
prepare for the ACT, and a book/cd-rom pack (produced
by Kaplan) for the GRE, I'd say the results from each
are more dependent upon your commitment to studying on
your own than anything else.  Considering, however,
that the GRE is administered in a computerized format
(generally) I would HIGHLY recommend a program with
cd-rom based tutorials and practice sessions- nothing
quite like a dress-rehearsal to show you what needs
work.  Good luck!

Best,

Jen Feldhaus
--- susan fishman-armstrong <[log in to unmask]>
wrote:

<HR>
forget the library.&nbsp; I checked out many of these
books with the CD-Rom from our library when I took the
test.&nbsp; It allowed me to have more variety,
becuase one book may have better help in one area,
than another.&nbsp;</H6>
<H6>Susan&nbsp;</H6>
<P>Susan Fishman-Armstrong</P>
<P>Laboratory Coordinator; Antonio J. Waring, JR.
Archaeological Laboratory</P>
<P>State University of West GA.</P>
<P>&nbsp;</P>
<P>*********************************************************</P>
<P>I'm taking the GRE in October.&nbsp; I have a
friend who works for Kaplan here in<BR>WI and she gave
me the rundown on all of their study options, like
classes<BR>or tutoring...it was VERY expensive.&nbsp;
I opted for the cdrom and actually<BR>found one at a
half-price bookstore for cheap.&nbsp; Look around, you
never know<BR>what you may
find.<BR><BR>Karla<BR><BR><BR><BR></P>
<DIV></DIV><BR><BR>
largest e-mail service with MSN Hotmail. <a
href='http://g.msn.com/1HM1ENUS/c157??PI=44364'>Click
The Museum-L FAQ file is located at
http://www.finalchapter.com/museum-l-faq/ . You may
obtain detailed information about the listserv
commands by sending a one line e-mail message to
[log in to unmask] . The body of the message
should read "help" (without the quotes).
If you decide to leave Museum-L, please send a one
line e-mail message to [log in to unmask] .
The body of the message should read "Signoff Museum-L"
(without the quotes).