From:
"Greg V. Smith" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 29 May 1996 12:49:12 -0600
Hello,

I thought this might be of interest to the members of this list. =20

I am taking a tour group over to Russia to see the priceless collection =
of Trojan gold, believed lost after Soviet troops captured Nazi Berlin =
in 1945. The Pushkin Museum is showing 259 precious artifacts unearthed =
by German archaeologist Heinrich Schliemann in 1873 and seized by the =
Soviets at the end of World War Two.

The tour will be escorted by the great great granddaughter and great =
great grandson of Heinrich Schliemann.  Both of these individuals are =
college professors and they will be giving a presentation in Moscow =
about Heinrich Schliemann and their relationship in the genealogy.

In addition to the exhibit at the Pushkin Museum, the tour will be =
focused on Russia's Hidden Treasures and will also include a private =
tour of the Russian Crown Jewels, a showing of the famous Faberge Eggs, =
a private tour of the newly remodeled Gold Room in the Hermitage, and a =
tour of Pushkin / Catherine's Palace.  We will also be visiting many of =
the sights in Moscow and St. Petersburg.

The dates for the trip are Sept 12 through Sept 22 and the total cost =
will be $2149 per person. This includes round trip air from a gateway =
city, all accommodations and ground transportation, and most meals.  =
There are discounts available if you are able to put together a group of =
five or more to go on the tour.  Put together a group 20 and your trip =
is free!

Story-M Travel (Travel Works International in the U.S.) is an excellent =
travel agency that is operated by a Russian-American joint stock company =
and has been operating in the Former Soviet Union since 1991 when =
"Perestrokia" made private business possible.  Their clientele includes =
major international companies such as CNN, Coca-Cola, Reebok, and =
Peugeot, just to name a few.

I have setup a web page that contains links to information related to =
the tour.  This page will be continually updated as the date of the tour =
approaches.

http://www.sisna.com/users/gvs/TrojanGold1.html

If you have questions or would like more information, contact Greg at =
Include a USPS mailing address and I'll send you information about the =
tour and the Travel Agency.=20

This is going to be an excellent opportunity to see many of the =
treasures that have been hidden from the world during the communist era. =
 We'd love to have you along.

Thanks,

Greg