From:
Yin Yoon <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 6 Oct 2004 16:15:00 -0700
We just had the site assessor here last week for MAP.

I agree with almost everyone who argues that MAP does not label or deem your
institution based upon its conclusions of your shortcomings.  It is more of
an attempt to have a self assessment, as well as an objective third party
assessment of your accomplishments as well as failures in order to prepare
you for accreditation.

If you are considering getting accredited, rather then wasting your time in
the long process, it makes more sense to prepare for it with MAP.

Please let me know if you have further questions.

Best,

Yin Yoon, Education Manager
Petersen Automotive Museum
6060 Wilshire Boulevard