From:
Jeff Northam <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 2 Oct 1996 22:15:27 +0000
I have been asked to present information on the use of smells and scents in
museum exhibitions later this month. In order to give a well rounded
perspective,I would like to solicit information from other museum-l
subscribers as to their experiences or opinions in the use of scents.

Do you know of examples of institutions that have used scents in
interesting and innovative ways? How were scents used? Were they effective
enhancements? Were there any problems or downsides in the use of scents
such as maintaining proper levels of intensity, controlling dispersion or
negative responses such as sensitivity or allergic reactions?

Any input would be greatly appreciated. You may respond to me off list or
on if the subject is of interest to others. Thank you.

Jeff Northam
Pouncing Pachyderm Productions
e-mail: [log in to unmask]

Jeffrey Northam