From:
Indigo Nights <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 22 Jan 1999 13:01:42 -0800
There are two other lists you may want to pose this request to for
their involvement/feedback in your project.  One is the ADA-LAW list,
which deals with accommodations for the disabled and the enforcement
of the Americans with Disabilities Act.  There are a number of blind
individuals on the list who can probably provide feedback, and you can
inquire as to the needs of other types of PWD (People with
Disabilities) as to some of the other concerns you have addressed.

Secondly, you may also want to make inquiries from members of the
Freechat list.  Freechat is one I joined because it was advertised
pretty much that "any topic goes" and could be a good forum to discuss
some of the political and sociological concerns for which I have an
interest and are not appropriate on some of the other lists to which I
am subscribed.

It is not advertised as being so, but I was quite pleased to learn
that a volume of my listmates on freechat are blind.  Their eyes may
not work as well as yours or mine, but they have some truly sharp
minds.

You may be able to get some of the answers you seek from some of those
listmates.

Instructions for enrollment in either list can be found by following
the links below:

http://www.NeoSoft.com:80/internet/paml/groups.A/ada-law.html

http://www.NeoSoft.com:80/internet/paml/groups.F/freechat.html

---Lori Mott <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> Hello,
> >>My name is CÈline Lalanne, I am a french student but I am in
Sweden for
> >>my third education year. I study Rehabilitation Engineering and the
> >>purpose of this education is to integrate disabled people in the
society
> >>by improving the environment, changing people¥s attitudes,
designing or
> >>improving assistive devices (wheelchair, computers, beds, hoists...)
> >>
> >>The reason of my letter is that I must do a degree project on
April and
> >>May and my wish is to work during those two months with blind
people and
> >>more precisely how blind people can have the access to art
museums. For
> >>exemple, in Stockholm there is an exhibition from the painter Carl
> >>Larsson in the Nordiska Museum and lots of models of paintings has
been
> >>made in relief in order to integrate blind people in this artistic
> >>event. I saw that last week and was really impressed by what they
have
> >>been capable to do.
> >>
> >>My request now is that I would like to achieve my project in
England or
> >>in United States but I miss contacts and adresses. As I know you
work in
> >>the field of artistic events, I thought you could help me by
sending me
> >>names of museums where such adaptations for blind persons have been
> >>made. I would need numbers where I could send faxes or E-mail
adresses.

> >>It would be very nice of you if you could answer me the fastest as
> >>possible. I am waiting for your quick answer,
> >>Thanks a lot, CÈline Lalanne.
> >>
> >>E-mail adresse: [log in to unmask]
> >>Fax: 04 50 89 61 31 (in France)

> Lori Mott, Registrar
> The University of Michigan Museum of Art
> 525 S. State St.
> Ann Arbor, MI 48109-1354
> Phone: 734-647-0527     Fax: 734-764-3731

==
Indigo Nights