From:
Gordon McKenna <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 4 Jul 2007 11:36:45 -0400
Vacancy at MDA - Business Development Manager

Salary: c£25,000 per annum

extension

Location: Flexible - offices in London and Cambridge plus support for
homeworking

Deadline: Thursday 19th July 2007

MDA is not-for-profit social enterprise with offices in London and Cambridge.
Our mission is to be recognised throughout the UK as the focus for expertise,
standards and best practice in Collections Management. We are now recruiting
a Business Development Manager to help us implement an ambitious
Fundraising and Development Strategy.

2006-07 was MDA's most successful year to date, with significant
achievements including the launch of the international award-winning
Collections Link website. Building on this success, MDA will be launching a
revised offer in March 2008 with exciting developments across our range of
products and services. The Business Development Manager is a new post
funded by MDA.

Our ideal candidate will be highly motivated, articulate and results-oriented.
You will be committed to social enterprise, with experience of planning and
implementing strategies for business development. The Business Development
Manager's responsibilities will include:

* Building on relationships with key funders and grantmaking organisations

* Identifying and pursuing leads and opportunities for corporate and
commercial partnership

* Working with MDA staff to exploit opportunities for income generation

* Advise MDA staff on production of project bids and grant applications

If you would like to work with one of the culture sector's fastest-moving
organisations and to help drive the next phase of our development, go to:

http://www.mda.org.uk/vacancy.htm

for a Job Description and information on how to apply.

Deadline for applications is Thursday 19th July 2007.

MDA is an Equal Opportunities employer. Our Equal Opportunities Statement is
available at http://www.mda.org.uk/equops.htm. MDA is an Investor in People.

MDA is funded in England by the Museums, Libraries and Archives Council
(MLA), in Scotland by the Scottish Museums Council (SMC) and in Wales by
CyMAL with the Federation of Museums and Art Galleries of Wales.

MDA is a registered charity (no. 273984).

 Gordon McKenna  e-mail: [log in to unmask]
 MDA
 The Spectrum Building,
 The Michael Young Centre,
 Purbeck Road
 Cambridge CB2 2PD, UK

 Tel:    +44 1223 415760
 Fax:    +44 1223 415960

MDA (Europe) Ltd: Company Registration No: 1300565