From:
Vivian Lea Stevens <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 10 Nov 1999 14:52:28 -0500
Liste --
I tend to err on the side of extreme caution when it comes to matters of
health and safety.   I don't think you can assume the contents are safe,
simply because they have dried.  I personally liked Michael Lewis'
suggestion re: decanting the contents from the original containers.
Whether or not you keep the drugs would be up to you, but you might want
to check with a local pharmacist regarding laws on keeping such things.
If you decant the contents, you could safely handle the original
containers without fear for your or subsequent handlers' safety.

Good luck!

VivianLea Stevens
(former Curator of Collections)

--