From:
Eugene Dillenburg <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 13 Mar 2002 09:49:10 -0500
Using different materials for different types of signs is a design decision.  It can be
very useful in helping identify which labels are general overviews, which are specific
to a given display, which are interactive instructions, etc.  However, such
considerations must not drive development.  Using different styles in different labels
creates a disjointed exhibit.  Serrell specifically argues against this approach (pp.
75-82).

On the other hand, asking questions that are the visitors' questions is indeed an
example of fine label-writing technique!

-- Eugene Dillenburg
Science Museum of Minnesota