From:
Maritza Mosquera <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 1 Dec 1999 18:53:50 -0500
This note answers your question dated Sept.  I've been so busy...sorry
Art works and Dance programs!!!

We just curated a huge program around the exhibition Watching from the
Wings: Warhol and Dance
It took place March through May of this year, 1999.  We build a
Marley-sprung floor in the middle of the exhibition and programmed over 20
regional troupes to come in and rehearse while the Museum visitors looked
on.  We also programmed performances of all types including Ballet, hip-hop,
performance art about movement, Buddhist Dance Troupe, High school for the
performing arts classes, Ballet Theatre, dance residencies etc.... to
present performances.  It was a wonderful success.  Some dancers and
choreographers worked directly from the works, while others presented their
work as juxtapositions to the paintings and films of and about dance.  All
was new.
I would also like to be in touch with more programmers and researchers of
such work.  My job is to interpret the collection and the visiting
exhibitions.  I join art with a variety of mediums in all my programs.

Thanks for asking.

Maritza Mosquera
Programs Coordinator

Museum-L" (without the quotes).