From:
"J. Golden" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 27 Feb 1996 10:46:39 -0600
        I am in the process of transferring glass photographic negatives
to non-acidic envelopes and am curious about how others have handled this
process.
        Are there any standards regarding the placement of the negatives
in paper envelopes, and the folding of enclosure envelopes?  Can you give
me advice on where on the envelopes I should write pertinent information,
if one place is better than another.  If anyone who has experience with
the storage of glass negatives could get in touch with me and suggest
which ways of handling these questions are the most preventative, and how
people have handled this in the past, I would appreciate it.
        Also if you know of any books or articles that I can reference on
the care and storage of archival glass negatives, that would be helpful too.
        Thankyou.
Rita Belda
University of Iowa
e-mail: [log in to unmask]