From:
Nicholas Burlakoff <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 29 Apr 2003 13:37:49 -0400
Certified Teachers in Yonkers NY, with an MA and three years of experience
earn $85,000. In Scarsdale, NY the median salary for teachers is $95,000.
This is for an average of 180 days work per year, with excellent benefits
and pension. Most teachers are married, and if their spouse is also an
educator the income reaches the 5% highest in income for the US. There are
also a number of profs who receive over $2,000,000 per year (mostly surgery
MD's).  The point, salaries for teachers and profs depend on location not
profession. The sheer number of teachers who earn substantially more than
most sports players is also overwhelming.
Nicholas Burlakoff