From:
Helen Glazer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 4 Jun 1996 11:08:19 -0400
        I agree with the comments below.  I'd also like to add that this
time of year I occasionally get letters in the mail with resumes from
recent graduates who obviously pulled the address from a source book and
have no idea what the gallery is like, asking
if positions are available.  They all get a boilerplate letter saying,
no, and there will be none in the foreseeable future. I suppose the
theory is that I might read over the resume and tuck it away, or pass it
on to someone else, but I wouldn't pass along a resume from someone I
don't know.  I can't imagine
anything resulting from this mass mailing approach except spending a lot of
money on photocopying and postage.  Does anyone disagree with me?

--Helen Glazer, Exhibitions Director
Goucher College, Baltimore, MD, USA