From:
George Harris <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 25 Aug 2016 14:05:15 -0400
Hello everyone,
I'm going to be working on a project to reduce lighting in our museum in
the very near future.  We have put in LED lights, thus reducing our
electrical usage, cutting out ultraviolet, and reducing heat in the cases.
 However, now the light levels are too high for our artifacts.  So, we're
going to be putting in a coroplast sheeting to diffuse some of the light
and reduce the amount that gets to the sensitive artifacts.  In some of
our cases we will need to adhere pieces to the inside.  I haven't figured
out what adhesive to use yet, but was wondering if anyone has suggestions.
 I had thought of hot-glue, but much of this will happen during our open
hours, so don't think it's a great idea to have a hot glue gun with a cord
that people could trip over.  Someone suggested a caulking material, which
I'm somewhat skeptical of.  I'm looking for something that is durable, but
wouldn't be too hard to remove if we needed to access the lights.

Thank you.

Beau Harris
Collections Manager
Fairbanks Museum & Planetarium