From:
Carol Reid <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 5 Feb 2001 08:40:25 -0500
From: "kent archer" <[log in to unmask]>
To: <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Thursday, February 01, 2001 2:25 PM
Subject: budget allocations for art

> I am investigating federal, provincial and civic policies related to
budget allocations
> for the purchase of art for newly constructed federally or provincially
funded buildings.
> I believe such policies exist in the United States where a % of the total
construction and
> equipment costs of all Federal buildings are allocated for the purchase of
art. I have
> been unable to locate a similar policy in Canada and wonder if anyone
might be able to
> point me in the right direction. I have encountered references to "federal
> recommendations" for this purpose, but without any details attached. Any
assistance would
> be very much appreciated.
> Thx
>
> --
> Kent Archer
> Curator/Acting Director
> T: 306.966.2618
>
> Kenderdine Art Gallery:
> 51 campus drive
> university of saskatchewan
> saskatoon, sk ~ s7n 5a8
> T: 306.966.6816
>
> Administrative Offices:
> 330, 110 science place
> university of saskatchewan
> saskatoon, sk ~ s7n 5c9
> T: 306.966.4571 ~ F: 306.978.8340
> E: [log in to unmask] ~ W: www.usask.ca/kenderdine/
> _____________________________

One of my past jobs was as a visual arts clerk for the City of Ottawa. Our
office supervised the running of competitions/judging/selection of art for
public spaces in new City buildings, as well as building a collection of art
for use in City offices. Prior to the amalgamation of the cities of Ottawa,
Nepean, Gloucester, Vanier, Rockcliffe etc this program was managed
originaly by the city archives under the city clerks offices, but then I
believe by the parks and recreation offices of the City of Ottawa. Under the
new city I do not know - but check out the attached link
http://city.ottawa.on.ca/search?NS-search-page=document&NS-rel-doc-name=/cit
y_services/culture/2_3_en.shtml&NS-query=art&NS-search-type=NS-boolean-query
&NS-collection=English&NS-docs-found=53&NS-doc-number=1  you could also try
this e-mail (I do not know if it still valid)
<mailto:[log in to unmask]> or go the the new city of
Ottawa's web page at http://city.ottawa.on.ca/index_en.html I hope that this
helps.
Carol Reid