From:
Date:
Wed, 30 Jul 1997 16:47:49 -0700
Yes, I was about to mention that librarians at museums, schools, and
university libraries are also woefully underpaid. Because public libraries
are usually tax supported, the salary there is often higher. An example of
this was in Phoenix, Arizona. The entry level salary for a librarian at
Arizona State University was $21,000, while the entry level at the Phoenix
Public Library was $35,000.

At 03:47 PM 7/30/97 -0500, you wrote:
>For what it is worth, librarians and archivists are also underpayed --
>about the same as museum professionals.  I believe that school
>librarians can sometimes make more than average.

Anita Cohen-Williams
Listowner of HISTARCH, SUB-ARCH, and SPANBORD
Contributing Editor, Anthropology, Suite101 <http://www.suite101.com>