From:
KRISTA NAUMAN <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 17 May 1996 15:45:26 -0500
I am a Museum Management and Curatorship graduate currently involved
in the design of a small travelling exhibit.  The exhibit will explore
the scope of displaced workers, and will not include artifacts but
(hopefully) visual props. Because of its topic, the system will travel
to a range of sites, including many that will entail the exhibit
standing alone in unsupervised areas.
    Due to a limited budget, the exhibit system is going to be built
by myself and one other person, and must fulfill the following
objectives:
            - low cost
            - easily available replacement parts
            - flexible (able to reformat to a condensed size)
            - able to be set up by one person (who may not be museum-
              trained)
            - compact packing, and easy instructions

    I am interested to hear about both good and bad experiences that
people have encountered in similar situations.  Any ideas or
recommendations in terms of materials, packing, instructions, etc.
would be greatly appreciated.

Krista Nauman
360 Stewart St.
Peterborough, Ontario