From:
Christine Mouw <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 13 Jun 1996 15:42:07 -0400
I received my copy of August's "Spy" magazine today (with a "lovely"
picture of a naked Martha Stewart on the cover--hoo!) and I found
something I just had to pass on to the list!

They have a little section on page 14 called "Naked City" and the
title of one of the blurbs is "Patron of the Tarts, American Museums
that Sound like Whorehouses."   They are:

Angel Mounds, Evansville, IN
Donkey Milk House, Key West, FL
Duvall Tool Museum, Croom, MD
Gropius House, Lincoln, MA
Hands On House, Lancaster, PA
House of a Thousand Dolls, Loma, MT
Lace House, Black Hawk, CO
The Little Brick House, Vandalia, IL
The London Brass Rubbing Center, Gaithersburg, MD
My Jewish Discovery Place, Los Angeles, CA
Queen Emma Summer Palace, Honolulu, HI

The list was compiled by David Potorti for Spy.

Well, if there's anyone on the list from these museums, look at it as
free advertising.  Perhaps you'll get a entirely new group of visitors
out of it!

Chris.

Christine Mouw
Assistant Curator
Herbert Hoover Presidential Library-Museum
West Branch, IA  52358