From:
Alan Woods <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 3 Nov 1994 17:31:10 -0500
I haven't seen Andrea Dworkin's piece, but have just returned from the
Holocaust Museum in Washington.  It seemed to me that the exhibit was even
handed--the horrors perpetrated against every group were certainly present, and
the evils done to women were certainly featured prominently.  Whether women are
represented proportionately I couldn't say.  The entire exhibit is numbing in
its piling up of horror, both of the deeds committed and the efficiency with
which they were carried out.  It's a powerfully moving experience.

But again, not having read Dworkin's piece, I can't respond to her major
points.  But it is certainly impossible not to be aware of the violation of
women which took place in the camps after spending several hours in the
exhibition floors.

Alan Woods