From:
Craig Martin Levin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 20 Apr 1994 20:21:54 -0400
Hi. I'm a Master's degree student in the History department at Ohio
University, and I've thought about getting a job as part of the
archival or curatorial staff at a museum. However, we do not have a
public history program, and so I can't learn the ropes from classes.
We do have a sort of "in-house" interning program, and I intend to
participate in that.

But what I'd like to know is: is there a sort of basic handbook or
textbook about the field of museum studies that's pretty much the
standard work? Thanks!
--
Craig Levin
Ohio University History Department