From:
Jerrie Clarke <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 8 Jun 2008 21:07:52 -0700
I used a TimBor application on the replica of a portion of a log cabin in a museum where I used to work, at the recommendation of a conservator and an exterminator.  I only found larva so was not able to absolutely identify the pest.  The conservator and exterminator said that it could be powderpost beetles so we treated for them.  I removed the artifacts and covered the surrounding areas with plastic.  Then I sprayed most of the cabin using a garden sprayer.  I brushed other areas where there seemed to be a lot of activity.  After the one application, there was no more frass or little worm-like creatures crawling across the carpet.  I think I bought it from the exterminator.  However, it was several years ago and you know what happens to the memory after too many years and too many museums.

Jerrie

Jerrie Clarke
Director
Sheldon Museum