From:
Miriam B Albahari <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 13 Apr 1996 22:33:31 -0400
Let me reinforce the idea of an isolating coat under the number, which is
what makes the marking removable.  I currently use an acetate layer known
as "Soluvar".  I believe it is available in art supply stores.  Also,
check out Dudley, "Registration Methods" for basic numbering guidelines.

Miriam Albahari
registrar, Jewish Historical Society of Maryland

"Miracles sometimes occur, but one has to work terribly hard for them."
                                                -Chaim Weizmann