From:
Joseph Green <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 9 Jun 2015 13:09:42 -0400
Hi Becca

Like Dumbarton House, Durand Union Station it also varies between rental events and internal museum events. We also have strict guidelines as to where beverages are allowed in the building and no beverages are allowed outside because of it being a public place. Below is what we have in our rental agreement.

ALCOHOL/GAMBLING:  If requesting alcohol at your event, the security deposit will double to $300.00. Additional one-day Liability insurance with no less than 1 million dollars is required and a copy given to DUSI Director prior to event.  With the addition of alcohol present on your event a security official MUST be supplied by Lessee or DUSI may supply security with additional fee.

We are entertaining the thought of having a designated  Bartender of our choosing due to the risk of miners being served by family members or close friends.

I hope this helps!

Joseph Green
Event Coordinator
Directors Assistant