From:
CA Assoc of Museums <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 28 Aug 2007 10:05:10 -0700
Hi Jennifer,

I am not familiar with possible headphone brands but in the Seymour Marine
Discovery Center they use three heavy-duty phones (handheld part only) on
cords. The phones have some sort of magnetic function that switches them off
when they are in the holders. Each phone has sounds of a seal, sea lion, and
elephant seal.

They have done fairly well, I believe, with minimal repairs and maintenance.
I can try to find contact info for their exhibit manager if you contact me
off-list.

Christine Bennett, Program Coordinator
California Association of Museums
P.O. Box 1455, Santa Cruz, CA 95061-1455
Located at the Seymour Marine Discovery Center
Office #: 831-471-9970 / FAX #: 831-471-9381
Email: [log in to unmask]
Website: www.calmuseums.org
2008 CAM CONFERENCE
February 25-28, 2008 in Fresno, CA