From:
Erin Crissman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 10 Apr 2003 19:32:38 -0400
Have you considered using another descriptor to identify your museum? Number
of rooms doesn't tell me much about the house you work at. Perhaps using the
architecture, or the kinds of people who lived in the home would give
visitors, and maybe staff too, a better sense of how your house is different
from others.  All houses have rooms, at what point is more than one really
significant? Is number of rooms something that should be significant to your
visitors? If it isn't significant, an estimate should be fine.  THe only
reason I know how many rooms are in the historic home I work in is for
object location purposes.  Just something to think about.

Erin Crissman
Curator
Historic Cherry Hill
Albany, NY