From:
Diane Gutenkauf <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 8 Aug 2006 10:40:25 -0400
There is a rich literature focusing on museums exhibitions. Don't over
look books on exhibit evaluation, either. Here's a short biblio of basics
I recommend. the AAM bookstore and Alta Mira Press are two other good
sources for books. <www.aam-us.org>

McLean, Kathleen, "Planning for People in Museum Exhibitions" ASTC, 1993

AAM Reprints, "Exhibition Planning and Management: Reprints from NAME's
Recent and Recommended", AAM 1992

Dean, David, "Museum Exhibition: Theory and Practice" Routledge, 1997

Caulton, Tim, "Hands-On Exhibitions: Managing Interactive Museums and
Science Centres" Routledge, 1998

Taylor, Samuel, ed., "Try It! Improving Exhibits through Formative
Evaluation" ASTC, 1992

Crane, Valerie, et al., "Informal Science Learning: What the Research says
about Television, Science Museums, and Community Based Projects" Research
Communications Ltd., 1994

Dierking, Lynn and Wendy Pollock, "Questioning Assumptions: An
Introduction to Front-End Studies in Museums" ASTC, 1998

Diamond, Judy, "Practical Evaluation Guide:Tools for Museums and other
Informal Settings" Alta Mira Press, 1999

Good luck,

P.S. This list does not reproduce HTML in either the digest or the
archives. Posting in plain text is easier on those receipients. I stripped
your original post of the html code in this message (I hope).