Date:
Mon, 16 Jan 1995 09:51:53 +0200
In article <[log in to unmask]>, An Abercrombie
<[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> Actually, Wlodek . . . I would like to have the address for the database,
> as well as some more information about it if you don't mind.  My Norwegian
> is minimal, but existant . . .
> thank you,
> /Ann Abercrombie
> Librarian-in-Training
> Rutgers

Ann,
Thank you for your reply, it was my first effort on the network and it is
good to see that it works as expected.
I will try to give you some answers about the project since it was a part
of my life for nearly two years (the d-base has been made avilale in our
library since 1992). However, I would not be able to give you detailed
information on the programming since it was not my responsibility and the
network version is a new developement.
I hope you get something out of browsing and reading. An english
translation of 1/3 of the material (about 1300 entries) is in progress. It
is to be ready by this summer`s ICOM-general conferrence in Stavanger,
Norway where I will be showing it as part of our conservation presentation
in July.
For the moment the programme on the network is on an experimental level
and searching in freetekst is somewhat limited (one global field search at
a time). Please let me know how you get on with it and what your reaction
is to the form and content. Thre address is as follows:

http://www.nbo.uio.no/html/nansen/nansen.html

P.S. I am still waiting to hear from paper- and photoconservators!

Wlodek Witek