From:
Mary Herdegen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 7 Jun 1996 12:35:22 +0100
Longwood College, has a system about which I have heard bits & pieces but
desire to know more for my own out of control campus collection. The
Longwwod Center for the Visual Arts evidently hauled in all of the campus
collections, had it inventoried, evaluated,etc., and then divided the works
into those that could be "out" and those which would stay "in house."
Those who chose to borrow these "out" pieces would be charged a yearly fee
to help cover costs for insurance, conservation, etc.  This is *my
understanding* of their system but you can go straight to the source:

Dr. Georgia Coopersmith
Longwood Center for the Visual Arts
Longwood College
129 N. Main Street
Farmville, VA 23901
(804) 395-2206  Fax (804) 392-6441

Good luck!

Mary Carroll Herdegen
Curator
Atkinson Museum of Hampden-Sydney College
P.O. Box 745
Hampden-Sydney, VA 23943
(804) 223-6134   Fax (804) 223-6344