From:
Sheri Levinsky <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 28 Aug 2001 08:35:55 -0400
Alana - Here at the Decatur House Museum we have begun a partnership with a
local school. The students are responsible for researching a particular time
period or event related to the House's history and then develop visuals for
an exhibit that is displayed in the main house's rooms for about one month
over the holidays. The program / exhibit is called Winter in Washington. The
theme was designed so that schools could participate and there is no holiday
or religious connections. If you would like some more information I would be
happy to send you our flyer that is distributed to schools and teachers. I
would also be happy to tell you about the experience and give you the
contact information for the teacher whose class was our first (as a trial)
last December - they were 2nd and 3rd graders. This year we are continuing
the program but hoping for four classes to participate.

I hope this helps.

Sheri J. Levinsky, MA
Director of Education & Programs
Decatur House Museum, NTHP