From:
Juliette Rogers <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 17 Jan 2002 13:40:41 -0500
I am the COllections Manager and Registrar for a house museum in Salem,
Mass, and have chosen PastPerfect.  It has become more versatile with every
update, includes options for entering multiple images, screens for archives,
library, objects, etc, fields for conservation history as well as
cataloguing info... But best of all, it is incredibly easy to use.  If your
institution would be using interns and volunteers for data entry, it will
allow you to focus your training on proper terminology and object handling,
and not get bogged down in command codes.  THe admin can set security levels
with great detail, and their tech help is quick and friendly.

That said, we are just starting to catalogue, so I don't have extensive
experience with it yet -- but I suggest tracking down someone with longer
experience becasue so far I'm quite happy.  (Compare this to my experience
with ARGUS and EmbARK... shudder...)

Juliette Rogers
Stepehn Phillips Trust House