From:
Patricia Ann Green <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 10 Apr 1996 18:46:41 -0400
re: Matthew White's reply:

Urban Areas especially if they are blight stricken pay more than rural areas.
Newark, NJ which is a war zone pays 1st year teachers $32,500 to start
w/o  a Masters degree.  MAny of the less populated and safer suburban areas
start at $23,000 and up.  $32,500 is quite a bit more to start than many
of the recent advertisemnts under education in AVISO lately.
It really is a question of whether or not you are willing to take comabat pay
and all that it entails.

Patsy