From:
Jeff Stern <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 6 Feb 2007 12:17:17 -0500
This is not even close to my field of expertise, but my thought would be
to make these works "interactive" without being "touchable".  A
display/docent could explain the way that art is typically viewed in a
museum, and its fragility - could even show how greasy hands can degrade
a painting, etc.  Laser pointers could be used by docents as well as
visitors to point to the parts of the picture that kids want to discuss.
Different techniques could be highlighted in a more "touchable and
interactive" portion of the display, so that something like pointillism
could be shown by enlarging a portion of the work on display, and
allowing kids to try to re-create or create their own works using that
style.