From:
Timothy Vitale <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 22 Jan 1998 22:33:01 -0800
I believe this question is best answered by objects conservators on the
Cons DistList; see below
 Mail submissions to [log in to unmask]
        to [log in to unmask]
 DistList Archives: All instances of the DistList are available
        (both for browsing by whole items and searching for individual
        messages): http://palimpsest.stanford.edu/
 The ConsDir is available at the same site.

I believe there is literature in the CoOL archive on this subject.  If
the Lucite box is an art object, then I would have a conservator look at
it. There may be components that should not be cleaned.  To learn how to
select a Conservator and obtain a referral contact AIC at URL:
<http://palimpsest.stanford.edu/aic/>.

If it is a vitrine, then try cleaning with Brillianize (sp?), a product
that can be bought through museum and conservation suppliers or through
your local Plexiglas supply store such as Cadillac Plastics or Tap
Plastics.

Timothy Vitale
Paper and Photograph Conservator
& Preservation Consultant