From:
Carol A Klaver <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 6 Mar 1997 16:29:50 -0500
Has anyone had experience with health regulations in regards to
dress-up areas in museums?  We are in the process of designing our
Discovery Center have a few questions about a dress-up area.  I have
not been able to find any state health regulations that apply.  I
have been thinking that it would be easiest to have a few pieces of
clothing, but not a whole outfit -  for example the jacket from a
repro. Civil War uniform.

I would like to know...

How often do you wash the costumes?  How often do they need
replacement based on a regular washing schedule?

Are there (for those of you in the US) any state or federal
regulations or guidelines for this type of area?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Carol Klaver
Discovery Center Coordinator