From:
Rose Marie Martin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 27 Nov 1996 16:57:21 -0500
The Garden Club of Virginia has done a remarkable job of
restoring gardens of historic homes.  There should be
numerous publications available from your local library of
book store.

In restoring the gardens of our private home, circa 1855, we
researched photographs of the grounds from various sources.
Then we consulted several of our "senior citizen garden
friends" who could identify the plants.  Other "senior
citizens" recalled visits and could show us the precise
location of various plantings.  It can be a marvelous
experience, and very rewarding when completed.

Rose Marie Martin, Administrator
The Germanna Foundation
PO Box 693
Culpeper, Virginia
E Mail:  [log in to unmask]
Web Page:  http://www.summit.net/GERMANNA/
--- On Tue, 26 Nov 1996 19:10:56 +0000  burkhorn
<[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>Hello Museum L folks:
>
>I have been asked by the Friends organization of our 1877
historic
>house to check the 'net for information on period gardens.
They have
>begun to develop flower beds and are of two minds: 1.
Strictly period
>or  2. making a memorial garden (to honor a former employee)
which