From:
NORMAN ANDERSON <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 6 Jan 1998 15:16:00 -0800
FORWARDED MESSAGE from Monika Gause (gause @ MEDIAWERK.03.NET) at 1/05/98
2:01 PM
>I am new to the exhibits field and want to add proficieny with drafting
>software to my skill set. As my training is not in architecture, but in
>Museum Studies and Visual Communication, I have been working primarily on
>Mac using the range of Adobe graphics packages.  Is anyone familiar with a
>stong drafting program for the Mac?  What are Exhibit Designers using?
Any
>info will be greatly appreciated.
>Cindy Schartman

Hi Cindy,
although I'm designing for multimedia rather than being an exhibit
designer, I hope this may help you:
Having used Adobe software, you might know Adobe Dimensions
(www.adobe.com), which is an easy to use 3D-Software primarily aimed at
graphic designers, but enough for drafting in 3D and quite simple to learn.
A 3D-program architects and designers use, would be MiniCad (sorry, I don't
know an address) ; it suits the needs of 3D-professionals. Software like
RayDream Designer (sorry, I don't know an address), MetaTools InfiniD
(www.metatools.com ???), Strata StudioPro (www.strata3d.com) is aimed at
graphic/animation/multimedia design, maybe too complex for doing some
drafts. MetaTools Bryce would probably suit you more, although the
interface differs a lot from "traditional" graphic packages.
If you prefer to work 2-dimensionally, you could try Macromedias FreeHand
(www.macromedia.com), which is the competitor to Adobe Illustrator.
Kind regards,
Monika Gause
mediawerk hamburg, Germany
***** NOTES from NORMAN ANDERSON (NORMAN @ CDWEST) at 1/06/98 3:14 PM
AS AUTODESK NO LONGER SUPPORTS THE MAC, MOST PEOPLE HAVE BEEN USING
MINICAD.

Norman Andersen
Contempo Design
Western Operations