From:
Jay Heuman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 30 Dec 2000 09:17:32 -0600
Hi Vincent et al.:

In a past incarnation, I worked as the puppetry instructor at a summer
day camp.  For a "magnetic puppetry" activity, I created a background on
a magnetic blackboard.  (It was played with by 750+ hot, sweaty campers,
between the ages of 3 and 14 years, for one very intense week . . . and
it looked new and unused!)  Here's what I did:

        (1) I painted the design I wanted, but you could easily adhere paper
with dry
        mount (spray) adhesive.

        (2) Then, I stretched two layers of the plastic sheeting used for
laminating
        around the front, attaching it to the back with picture frame nails
(covered
        with duct tape -- for safety).

        (3) The blackboard was then mounted to a wall (12" up from the floor)
at all
        four corners with spring-loaded pressure mounts . . . each spreads
outward (to
        grip the inside of the hole) if/when someone pulls on it.

Best wishes with your project!

Sincerely,

Jay Heuman, Visitor & Volunteer Services Coordinator
Joslyn Art Museum, 2200 Dodge Street, Omaha, NE, 68102
402-342-3300 (telephone)     402-342-2376 (fax)
mailto:[log in to unmask]