From:
David Barr <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 13 Oct 1999 17:14:09 -0400
I don't have a reference to any bibliographies specifically
assembled for museum education. But I have mounted several general
museological bibliographies online, in searchable format, and these
contain many references on that topic. The online bibliographies are
the result of a collaboration with Prof. Lynne Teather, and they now
cover about 3,000 museum-related references. They can be found by
following a link from:

   http://www.distedsys.com/museums.html

For the most focused list, look at the HTML version of Prof.
Teather's 'Curriculum Guide and Bibliography for Museum Studies,'
especially Section 4.3.1, which lists 15 general, introductory or
overview references. Going to the searchable version of this
bibliography, however, and using the optional advanced search with a
broad criterion like education AND museum, yields well over 100