From:
Heidi Campbell-Shoaf <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 23 Aug 2006 12:00:44 -0400
In our museum, we do not have a dress code for employees. We all do many
different things (exhibit construction, special events, gardening, etc)that
we dress for the occasion. On the whole it is casual professional. When we
train volunteers we explain from the beginning that if you are to be
interacting with the public that casual professional attire is required. If
you are working behind the scenes then there is more flexibility. The dress
recommendations are included in writing in materials our docents receive.

Heidi Campbell-Shoaf, Curator
Historical Society of Frederick County
24 East Church Street
Frederick, Md. 21701