Date:
Thu, 17 Apr 1997 08:23:25 EDT
I knew that I would get more response from the gender neutral bit so how
about all you people who have given me various titles, giving me the job
descriptions as well??  That's the real purpose of the inquiry.

But I will also add, I really want to see the job description for
"Websterina".  I hope this is a nickname title, how do you interview with
a straight face a potential "Websterina?"

(Don't tell me, I don't want to know).

And the definition for "master" if you read it is overwhelmingly male.
The first definition being "a man having control over the action of
another or others...."  The definition for Master of Arts is however,
neutral.

Marsha Matthews

Director of Artifact Collections         Oregon Historical Society

1200 SW Park Ave.                        Portland OR  97205

Internet: [log in to unmask]             Telephone: 503/306-5274

FAX: 503/219-2030                     Website: www.ohs.org